Debates This Week Over Narberth, Bala Cynwyd Redevelopments
A heads up for those who live or work in Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills and Penn Valley.
1. Narberth's Planning Commission meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at borough hall to hear from the prospective buyer and redeveloper of the United Methodist Church of Narberth property.
Borough officials say the applicant's intent is to preserve but renovate the church and parsonage while also putting two homes between those buildings and Price Avenue.
The borough council meets at 8 p.m. Monday.
2. PIAA District 1 basketball playoffs begin this weekend.
ForAAAA programs (the state's largest), the opening round for boys is Friday, Feb. 15, and for girls Saturday, Feb. 16.
AAA schools do not begin district playoffs until Feb. 19 (for girls) and Feb. 23 (for boys).
3. The Neighborhood Club of Bala Cynwyd meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Lower Merion Academy building.
4. Lower Merion's Building and Planning Committee meets at 6:20 p.m. Wednesday in the township building.
Township commissioners will consider elements of proposals that advanced from last week's Plan Commission session, including an apartment complex at Righters Ferry Road and the Schuylkill River in Bala Cynwyd.
5. The Lower Merion Board of School Directors will meet at 8 p.m. Monday in the district administrative office's first floor board room (301 E Montgomery Ave, Ardmore).
Included on the agenda is a presentation on high school enrollment projections, among other items. View the agenda.
Due to Feb. 18's Presidents Day holiday, all Lower Merion School District schools will have early dismissal on Thursday and no school Friday and Monday.