5 Things to Know: Jan. 7-13
A heads up for those who live or work in Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills and Penn Valley.
1. The Friends of Cynwyd Heritage Trail are inviting volunteers to spend Martin Luther King Day with them, doing trailside cleanup and maintenance from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Jan. 21. For more information, email email@example.com.
2. Lower Merion's Board of Commissioners meets at 6 p.m. Wednesday, starting with the swearing-in of new township secretary Jody Kelley. Following the ceremony will be meetings of the Public Works committee and the Building and Planning committee.
3. Also Wednesday night is a caucus meeting of the Narberth Borough Council, at 8 p.m.
4. The National Weather Service forecast calls for daily high temperatures in the 40s and 50s, with chances of precipitation Thursday night and Friday.
5. Anyone interested in applying for money from the federal government's annual Community Development Block Grants should call Kathryn Morris at the township offices: 610-645-6271. The deadline is 4 p.m. Feb. 15. For more information, see the announcement on the Lower Merion website.