5 Things to Know This Week
A heads up for those who live or work in Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills and Penn Valley.
- Lower Merion School District's board on Monday night will consider whether to buy a parcel of land adjacent to Welsh Valley Middle School. The board meets at 8 p.m. Monday and has posted the meeting's agenda online.
- Former Narberth-Bala Cynwyd Patch contributor and Ardmore-Merion-Wynnewood Patch editor Thomas J. Walsh is to be confirmed Wednesday night as Lower Merion Township's public information officer.
- The first Narberth Planning Commission meeting to include newly appointed member Jason Duckworth, a developer from Arcadia Land Company, is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in the borough building.
- Sections of Montgomery Avenue in Bala Cynwyd and Old Gulph Road in Penn Valley are set to be closed this week (and for most remaining summer weeks). Other roads may have road work planned; call 610-645-6150 if you have an inquiry for the township's Public Works Department.
- Patch will follow up with Lower Merion police for any updates on Saturday's Hymie's Deli robbery or Sunday's discovery of a body in a submerged van.