5 Things to Know This Week
A heads up for those who live or work in Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills and Penn Valley.
- Narberth's Borough Council meets at 8 p.m. Monday, then the Planning Commission meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Lower Merion's Board of Commissioners is poised to approve eight promotions in the police department Wednesday night—and to suspend two other officers for unspecified offenses.
- Advanced Placement students at Harriton and Lower Merion high schools will continue testing this week, as will International Baccalaureate students at Harriton.
- The westbound Schuylkill Expressway's left lane will be closed Monday and Tuesday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., between City Avenue and King of Prussia.
- The Bala Cynwyd Farmers Market opens for the season Thursday at 2:30 p.m., at Belmont Avenue and St Asaph's Road.