5 Things to Know This Week
A heads up for those who live or work in Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills and Penn Valley.
- The last day of school for Lower Merion School District students is Thursday. Eighth-graders will have high school promotion ceremonies Wednesday at both Bala Cynwyd Middle School (9 a.m.) and Welsh Valley (noon). Belmont Hills, Cynwyd and Penn Valley elementary schools all have fifth-grade promotion ceremonies at 10 a.m. Thursday.
- At simultaneous Monday night meetings (both starting at 8 p.m.), the Narberth Borough Council and Lower Merion Board of School Directors (agenda) are set to vote on a legal settlement that would extend the district's rights to the former Narberth School building on Sabine Avenue. (A copy of the proposed settlement can be read in this article's media section.)
- The Neighborhood Club of Bala Cynwyd meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Lower Merion Academy, while the Narberth Civic Association meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the borough building.
- Lower Merion High School is dedicating a music room at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday to late Class of 2004 graduate Joshua Sack. The district's web site has more about Joshua's legacy.
- Signups for Narberth summer baseball are available; the first week-long camp starts Monday, June 18.