Apartments at Righters Ferry, 'Music Man' And More This Week
Five things to know the week of March 4-10 if you live or work in Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills or Penn Valley.
1. A proposal to demolish the existing building at 600 Righters Ferry Road and construct two apartment buildings with 593 one and two bedroom units goes before Lower Merion's Planning Commission on Monday night. The property's tentative sketch plan will also go before the Building and Planning Committee on Wednesday night for approval.
2. A waiver of the land development plan to construct four temporary modular classrooms at Welsh Valley Middle School goes before Lower Merion's Planning Commission on Monday night. The Planning Commission meets at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the township building's second floor board room (75 E. Lancaster Ave, Ardmore).
3. Go For The Green award nominations will be accepted through Friday at 5 p.m. Find out more here.
4. Welsh Valley Middle School presents "The Music Man" Thursday and Friday night at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 2 p.m. Tickets are $5 at the door.
5. Lower Merion High School's Jazz Festival takes place Friday from 6 to 11 p.m., and includes performances by jazz bands from nine area schools. Tickets are $7 for students, $10 for adults, and $25 for families.