Belmont Hills Historical Photo, Revealed
Find the answer to Saturday's question.
On Saturday, we asked Patch readers to identify the location of a historical photo in Belmont Hills.
Today, the answer: According to the Lower Merion Historical Society, it was the first Ashland School, when the neighborhood was known as West Manayunk.
The historical society reports the school was built at 76 Jefferson St. in 1883, rebuilt in 1892 and used as a school until about 1918; the following year, a school was built on the site where Belmont Hills Elementary School stands today.
The original school was then used for club meetings and Catholic church functions before its demolition in 1973. The site is residential property now.
Check next week for another mystery historical location, and email firstname.lastname@example.org to suggest a place in Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills or Penn Valley we can use in this feature another time.