Crime Stats: Embezzlement, Fraud & Theft
Local calls to Lower Merion police increased from the week ending Aug. 19 to the week ending Aug. 26.
Lower Merion police responded to 216 calls throughout Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills and Penn Valley the week ending Aug. 26, up from 187 calls the week before, department records show.
A version of the department's most recent report—sorted by the type of incident, and with incidents from the rest of Lower Merion removed—is attached to this article.
The police calls (which do not necessarily indicate arrests were made or charges filed) include:
- 5 animal incidents, including two involving dogs, two involving deer and one involving a raccoon
- 1 burglary by force, about 4:10 p.m. Aug. 24 on the 1100 block of Hollow Road in Penn Valley
- 2 citations for disorderly conduct
- 3 cases of drug possession
- 1 case of embezzlement, about 3:30 p.m. Aug. 24 on the 200 block of St. Asaph's Road in Bala Cynwyd
- 2 cases of fraud
- 3 car accidents with injuries
- 5 car accidents with property damage
- 1 armed robbery, on the first block of Bala Avenue Aug. 20
- 8 thefts, including 5 retail thefts