Crime Stats: 4 Bala Cynwyd Burglaries in 5 Days
Incidents increased week to week in the Narberth-Bala Cynwyd Patch coverage area.
Lower Merion police responded to 251 calls throughout Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills and Penn Valley the week ending Sunday, Oct. 28, up from 211 calls the week before, department records show.
(Note: Hurricane Sandy delayed reporting of township crime statistics.)
A version of the department's most recent report—sorted by the type of incident, and with incidents from the rest of Lower Merion removed—is attached to this article.
The police calls (which do not necessarily indicate arrests were made or charges filed) include:
- 17 animal incidents, including 6 raccoon encounters
- Burglaries at 4 Bala Cynwyd residences: Oct. 24 on the 100 block of Birch Avenue, Oct. 25 on the 100 block of Conshohocken State Road, Oct. 26 on the 100 block of Summit Lane and Oct. 28 on the first block of Old Lancaster Road
- 1 drug overdose, Oct. 22 on the 800 block of Montgomery Avenue in Narberth
- 2 DUIs: Oct. 24 at Bryn Mawr Avenue and Manayunk Road, and Oct. 26 at Bryn Mawr and Bala avenues
- 1 fire Oct. 27 at Belmont Avenue and Rock Hill Road
- 1 credit card/ATM fraud Oct. 27 on the 100 block of East City Avenue
- 2 car accidents with injuries
- 9 car accidents with property damages
- 2 simple assaults: Oct. 24 on the 200 block of Woodbine Avenue in Narberth and Oct. 28 on the 200 block of Fairview Road in Penn Valley
- 6 thefts