Crime Stats: OD, Burglaries and Fires
Calls decreased week to week in the Narberth-Bala Cynwyd area.
Lower Merion police responded to 211 calls throughout Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills and Penn Valley the week ending Sunday, Oct. 21, down from 222 calls the week before, department records show.
A version of the department's most recent report—sorted by the type of incident, and with incidents from the rest of Lower Merion removed—is attached to this article.
The police calls (which do not necessarily indicate arrests were made or charges filed) include:
- 7 animal incidents
- 2 burglaries on the same block: the 100 block of Union Avenue, one Oct. 20 and another attempted burglary Oct. 19
- 1 drug overdose
- 1 DUI, Oct. 16 at Belmont Avenue and Jefferson Street in Belmont Hills
- 2 fires: one Oct. 16 on the first block of Amherst Road and one Oct. 19 on the 400 block of Tregaron Road
- 1 fraud
- 3 car crashes with injuries
- 8 car crashes with property damage
- 6 thefts