Crime Stats: Thefts, DUI, Car Crashes
The number of police calls remained relatively steady week to week.
Lower Merion police responded to 222 calls throughout Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills and Penn Valley the week ending Sunday, Oct. 14, down from 230 calls the week before, department records show.
A version of the department's most recent report—sorted by the type of incident, and with incidents from the rest of Lower Merion removed—is attached to this article.
The police calls (which do not necessarily indicate arrests were made or charges filed) include:
- 14 animal incidents, including road encounters with deer, dogs, foxes and raccoons
- 2 burglaries, one on Maple Avenue in Bala Cynwyd and one on Forrest Avenue in Narberth
- 2 drug overdoses, on the 200 block of Conway Avenue in Narberth
- 1 DUI, Oct. 14 on the 100 block of West City Avenue in Bala Cynwyd
- 1 credit card/ATM fraud, Oct. 10 on the 400 block of Lindy Lane in Bala Cynwyd
- 2 car crashes with injuries
- 13 car crashes with property damage
- 6 thefts