Get Out: First Friday, Mosaic Workshop and More
Find out what's happening in and around Narberth and Bala Cynwyd this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Saturday, February 2 at 7 p.m.
- Where: The Cynwyd Club 332 Trevor Lane, Bala Cynwyd
- Why Go: Enjoy a night out and help Harriton Boys Lacrosse. The proceeds will provide gap funding for the lacrosse program as well as ensure that all boys that are interested in playing high school lacrosse will get the opportunity to have safe, high quality equipment and instruction, regardless of financial resources. To see the extensive silent auction items, please visit their website. Tickets include appetizers, dinner, desert, and your first adult beverage and all soft drinks. Cash bar.
- Cost: $40
- When: Friday, Feb. 1 from 6 - 9 p.m.
- Where: Sweet Mabel 41 N Narberth Ave, Narberth
- Why Go: Enjoy First Friday at Sweet Mabel with light refreshments and local artist Bevan McShea. Stay for a 1-step mini mosaic workshop at 7:30 p.m. No reservations, Adults only.
- Cost: Free
- When: Ongoing through Wednesday, Feb. 6
- Where: Main Line Art Center
- Why Go: The Interschool Council of Lower Merion School District sponsors the annual ISC Art Show held at Main Line Art Center. On display are over 300 pieces of artwork by students from each of the district’s elementary, middle and high schools. The exhibit will be open from January 26 - February 6.
- When: Saturday, Feb. 2 from 2 - 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Main Line Art Center
- Why Go: Bring the family and learn about the craft of print-making and how you can use it to easily make multiples of the same artwork. In the process, you will be creating get-well-soon cards that we will distribute to pediatrics patients at a local hospital to provide comfort during their time of need. Parents, no need to worry about having to part ways with your child’s artwork; they’ll get to keep one of their creations as well!
- Cost: Free for Member/$20 Non-Members *Tuition covers the entire household. Must register in advance by calling 610-525-0272.
- When: Saturday, Feb. 2 at 10 a.m.
- Where: Household of Faith 130 E Athens Ave, Ardmore
- Why Go: A hands-on workshop geared toward children and their adult caregivers to help design a play platform for Linwood Park. Participants will be able to create 2D and 3D models of what their ideal play platform would look like (think really cool tree house without a tree) and/or write about what they would like to see built at the park.
- Cost: Free. All ages and abilities welcome.
- When: Sunday, Feb. 3 at 1 p.m.
- Where: Main Line Reform Temple 410 Montgomery Ave, Wynnewood
- Why Go: Come join the jam! The first Sunday monthly, klezmer jam, dance and open mic cabaret. Bring your instrument, bring your voice, bring your dancing shoes and bring your family to this free shmoozfest with light refreshments and lively dance leading.