Get Out: This Weekend in the Bala Cynwyd Area
Here are five suggestions.
Welcome to a new feature at Narberth-Bala Cynwyd Patch: Get Out.
It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend. But Patch is coming to the rescue.
We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time.
Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
We know you have your favorites that we missed. So share the goodness in our comment box below.
- Where/When: Upper Darby High School, 1:30 p.m. Saturday
- Why Go: The Lady Aces are poised to run the table in the Central League, but Upper Darby presents a formidable challenge.
- Pricing: Unknown
- Where/When: Borough Hall, 100 Conway Ave., 8-11 p.m. Saturday
- Why Go: There will be beer, snacks, dancing and information about how to get more involved in borough life, courtesy of the Narberth Civic Association.
- Pricing: $5 for NCA members, $20 for others (price includes six-month NCA membership)
- Where/When: Bala Theatre at 157 Bala Ave., at 4:15, 7:15 and 9:40 p.m. Friday, 1:15, 4:15, 7:15 and 9:40 p.m. Saturday, and 1:15, 4:15 and 7:15 p.m. Sunday.
- Why Go: This Colin Firth film is a virtual shoo-in for Best Picture at the Academy Awards Feb. 27. See what everyone will be talking about.
- Pricing: $10 adults, $8 seniors and children
- Where/When: Bourbon Blue, 2 Rector St., Manayunk, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Saturday
- Why Go: Raise money for "community greening" efforts along the Schuylkill River, such as the Cynwyd Heritage Trail.
- Pricing: $20 (includes a free drink and free appetizers)
- Where/When: Mad River, 4100 Main St., Manayunk, 7-11 p.m. Saturday
- Why Go: Help a Narberth mother who is battling ovarian cancer.
- Pricing: $25 (includes open bar until 9 p.m.)
And still you want more? Check out our family-friendly Grab & Go Kids Planner, refreshed every Wednesday.