Police Calls Down in Past Week, but Thefts Increase
Lower Merion Police Department reported eight thefts, up from four the previous week.
Lower Merion police responded to 205 calls throughout Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills and Penn Valley the week ending Aug. 12, significantly down from 239 calls the week before, department records show.
A version of the department's most recent report—sorted by the type of incident, and with incidents from the rest of Lower Merion removed—is attached to this article.
The police calls (which do not necessarily indicate arrests were made or charges filed) include:
- 5 animal incidents: 3 with dogs, 1 with a raccoon and 1 designated "all other"
- 1 burglary, about 10 p.m. Aug. 7 on the 100 block of Cynwyd Road in Bala Cynwyd
- 2 DUI arrests: about 4:55 a.m. Aug. 12 at Overhill Road and Belmont Avenue, and about 12:20 a.m. Aug. 13 at City Avenue and Conshohocken State Road
- 1 appliance fire, the afternoon of Aug. 9 on the 700 block of Arlington Road in Penn Valley
- 3 car accidents with injuries
- 9 car accidents with property damage
- 1 strong-armed robbery, about 9:15 p.m. Aug. 9 on the 100 block of Union Avenue in Bala Cynwyd
- 1 simple assault, about 12:45 p.m. Aug. 6 on the first block of East City Avenue
- 8 thefts, including 5 for more than $200; 4 were retail thefts