Invite a friend
New Horizons Senior Center Will Sponsor Lunch and Learn Doctor Seminar: “Matters of the Heart”
New Horizons invites adults 55+ to a special presentation of “Matters of the Heart” by Dr. Peter Kowey, on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 11:00am. Dr. Kowey is an experienced Cardiologist from Lankenau Hospital who has been coming to New Horizons to speak of cardiovascular diseases and other issues of the heart for several years. The presentation will be an hour long, and there will be a question and answer session afterwards. After the presentation, there will be a scrumptious lunch of Egg Salad and Summertime Salad, along with a delicious barley soup, and an oatmeal cookie for dessert. Come dine with New Horizons, and bring your heart concerns to a professional who really knows the answers!
New Horizons Senior Center, located on the 2nd Floor of Borough Hall, at 100 Conway Avenue, has been working for over 35 years to provide baby boomers and other active adults with a host of opportunities for life-long learning, fun, and enrichment. The Center boasts a number of health and educational programs, including Meditation, Tai Chi, Current Events, and One-on-One Medicare Counseling.
For more information or to sign up, please call (610)664-2366 weekdays, 9:15 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. New Horizons is located on the second floor of Borough Hall (100 Conway Avenue) in Narberth.
More About New Horizons Senior Center
New Horizons, a non-profit organization established in 1976, offers a wide array of recreational and educational activities, including trips and hands-on computer classes. It is a place to go to join lively baby boomers and other seniors and to participate in exercise classes, book club discussions, a creative writing course and more. Formerly at the United Methodist Church of Narberth, as of February 2013 it is holding programs on the second floor of the borough government building.
Other events here
- Free Medicare Counseling for Seniors Daily,
- Mah Jongg for Beginners May 7, 2013 / May 14, 2013 / May 21, 2013 / May 28, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 11, 2013 / June 18, 2013 / June 25, 2013, 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Guest Speaker: “Cognitive Changes of Healthy Aging Wed, May 22, 12:30 pm–1:30 pm
- MEN’S DAY! Hoagie and a Hair Cut! Fri, May 24, 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- Creative Cooking for One or Two Weekly on Fridays, 10:45 am–11:45 am
- -“Should you Supplement Your Diet?” A Class on Proper Eating May 31, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 14, 2013, 10:45 am–11:45 am
- BRAIN GAMES May 3, 2013 / May 31, 2013, 12:45 pm–1:45 pm