Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Sunday, Jan. 20 at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Narberth Presbyterian Church
- Why Go: Come out for this weekly forum that could not only change yoru life, but someone elses as well. Global human trafficking is gigantic, lucrative, and secretive. Can one person make a difference? Come and hear the stories of local individuals making a difference in the Philly area. How did they get involved? What challenges do they face? What keeps them going? Open to adults, young adults, and older youth. Free childcare.
- Cost: Free
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27 from 3 - 5 p.m.
- Where: Lower Merion High School
- Why Go: This event gives all our community an opportunity to see stress and success through the eyes of students. Teens Speak is presented by the Youth Advisory Council for the Coalition for Youth of Lower Merion and Narberth. The YAC is made up of students from the following schools: Baldwin, Agnes Irwin, Haverford, Barrack Academy, Friends' Central, Lower Merion High School, Harriton High School and Shipley.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26 - Wednesday, Feb. 6
- Where: Main Line Art Center
- Why Go: The Interschool Council of Lower Merion School District sponsors the annual ISC Art Show held at Main Line Art Center. On display are over 300 pieces of artwork by students from each of the district’s elementary, middle and high schools. The exhibit will be open from January 26 - February 6.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26 from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Where: Whole Foods Market 339 E Lancaster Ave, Wynnewood
- Why Go: Whole Foods will be accepting almost anything with an electrical plug - all small appliances from computers to televisions to heaters and copy machines. Rest assured that all computer hard drives are destroyed and no personal information will be compromised.
Early Education Fair & Sitter Speed Dating
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27 from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Main Line Reform Temple 410 Montgomery Ave, Wynnewood
- Why Go: Main Line Parent will showcase preschool and kindergarten programs, camps, and educational enrichment programs for children under 6 in a family fun day in Wynnewood. Meet other families and find a babysitter or nanny in a speed session at 2 p.m. For more information, please see the event listing.