Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out our top regional events for this weekend.
1. Cavalcade of Bands Competition
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3 from 5 - 10 p.m.
- Where: 200 Irish Rd, Berwyn
- Why Go: The Conestoga High School and the Marching Pioneers will host their Third Annual Cavalcade of Bands competition, 'Stoga Showcase of Sound, on Saturday, November 3, 2012 starting in the late afternoon and ending by 10:00 pm. More than fourteen high school bands will perform on Teamer Field at Conestoga High School. It will be an extravaganza of music and color guard performances, bringing over 1,000 people into the stands.
- Cost: Ticket information is available at stogamusic.com.
2. Clover Market
- When: Sunday, Nov. 4 from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Where: The parking lot at 12 E. Lancaster Ave., Ardmore 19003
- Why Go: It's the last Clover Market of the season. Come find over 100 vendors with antiques & collectibles, vintage jewelry & clothing, art, fine crafts, handmade items as well as a delicious menu and crafts for the kids.
- Cost: Free
3. Harvest Kitchen Tour
- When: Friday, Nov. 2 from 1 - 4 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 3 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Where: 8200 Germantown Ave (former site of Magarity Ford)
- Why Go: Tour six of the most spectacular kitchens in Chestnut Hill. On Friday, enjoy tastings from area bakeries and shops. On Saturday taste the culinary artistry of six sensational chefs from some of Chestnut Hill's finest restaurants. Pick up tickets at 8200 Germantown Avenue.
- Cost: $30 in advance; $35 at door
4. St. Gregory's Annual Armenian Food Festival
- When: Friday, Nov. 2 and Saturday, Nov. 3
- Where: Saint Gregory The Illuminator Armenian Apostolic Church, 8701 Ridge Ave, Philadelphia
- Why Go: Come out for the Annual Armenian Food Festival featuring traditional, Armenian/Middle Eastern cuisine including shish kebab, savory cheese pastry, stuffed grape leaves, Armenian meatballs and an enticing assortment of desserts. Take-out is available. Be sure to visit the Country Store as many menu items are available to take home pre-packaged and frozen. Children's entertainment both nights. Ample seating.
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, Nov. 3 from 5 - 8 p.m.
- Where: Wayne, Ardmore, Bryn Mawr, Haverford, Manayunk, West Chester
- Why Go: Each of these towns enjoys a First Friday event where stores, restaurants and art gallerys stay open later, provide music, entertainment, and specials. This is a great opportunity to start your holiday shopping while supporting your local businesses.
- Cost: Free