- Nominations won't be open long for this summer's Readers' Choice polls.
- Registration for the Neighborhood Club of Bala Cynwyd's Independence Day parade begins at 8:45 a.m. Wednesday at . The parade departs there at 9:30 and arrives at Bala Cynwyd Park at 10:15, featuring kids on decorated bicycles, costumed marchers, clowns, jugglers, stilt-walkers and more. Live music and carnival games will follow at the park. For more information and Neighborhood Club contacts, visit balacynwyd.org.
- Narberth's Independence Day festivities begin at 10 a.m. Wednesday in with the Pledge of Allegiance and the Star-Spangled Banner. Parades and contests for all ages last through mid-afternoon before the Zing Kings begin playing in the park at 7:30 p.m. Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m.
- Borough officials are looking for volunteers to collect donations before Narberth's fireworks Wednesday night. If you would like to volunteer, contact assistant borough manager Fred Hansell at 610-664-1080 or FHansell@aol.com.
- Lower Merion township offices and libraries are closed Wednesday, and trash and recycling collection will happen on a holiday-week schedule.