Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
Cynwyd Heritage Trail Planting Days
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 and Sunday Sept. 30
- Where: Cynwyd Station
- Why Go: The Friends of the Cynwyd Heritage Trail are hosting these volunteer workdays around Cynwyd Station to prepare the grounds, plant and mulch.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 from noon - 8pm
- Where: Cricket Ave in Ardmore, between Cricket Terrace and W. Athens Ave.
- Why Go: Come drink and eat, rain or shine, inside and out at McCloskey's, John Henry's and Gillanes. There will be great food, beer and music throughout the day. This is a family friendly event with activities for the kids as well.
- Cost: Free to get in
National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Where: Lower Merion Police Station Lobby
- Why Go: Turn in your expired, unused or unwanted prescription drugs for safe disposal.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Main Street, Manayunk
- Why Go: Kick off Manayunk's Restaurant Week with the inaugural StrEAT Festival. There will be food trucks lined up on Main Street serving one serving items, gourmet vendors, farmers markets, and arts and crafts vendors featuring kitchen wares and food crafts. Enjoy live music and a restaurant tour.
- Cost: $3 - $5 per serving at trucks