Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out our top five local events for this weekend.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Main Street, Manayunk
- Why Go: Kick off Manayunk's Restaurant Week with the inaugural StrEAT Festival. There will be food trucks lined up on Main Street serving one serving items, gourmet vendors, farmers markets, and arts and crafts vendors featuring kitchen wares and food crafts. Enjoy live music and a restaurant tour.
- Cost: $3 - $5 per serving at trucks
2. Malvern Fall Festival and Bark in the Park
- When: Sunday, Sept. 30 from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Where: King Street, Downtown Malvern
- Why Go: Enjoy downtown Malvern with live music, vendors, crafters, food, a beer garden, kids activities at KidZone and more. Bring your dog and enjoy pet vendors, SPCA, rescue and adoption agencies and demonstrations.
- Cost: Free
3. Ardmore Oktoberfest
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 from noon - 8pm
- Where: Cricket Ave in Ardmore, between Cricket Terrace and W. Athens Ave.
- Why Go: Come drink and eat, rain or shine, inside and out at McCloskey's, John Henry's and Gillanes. There will be great food, beer and music throughout the day. This is a family friendly event with activities for the kids as well.
- Cost: Free to get in
- When: Friday, Sept. 28 at 6:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Come help us STOMP out cancer. This race brings hundreds of people out to help raise funds for Bringing Hope Home, a non-profit organization that pays bills and provides resources for local families battling cancer.
- Cost: $25 until September 24th or register the day of for $30
5. Chestnut Hill 4th Annual Book Festival and Speaker Series
- When: Sunday, September 30
- Where: Chestnut Hill Hotel and several other locations
- Why Go: Come celebrate literature for the day with various workshops, improv, singer/songwriter slam, open mic, writer events and more. See website for details and schedule.
- Cost: Free