Lower Merion police responded to 213 calls throughout Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills and Penn Valley the week ending Sunday, Sept. 16, up from 191 calls the week before, department records show.
A version of the department's most recent report—sorted by the type of incident, and with incidents from the rest of Lower Merion removed—is attached to this article.
The police calls (which do not necessarily indicate arrests were made or charges filed) include:
- 15 animal incidents, including 6 involving dogs, 4 involving cats, 2 involving racoons and 1 involving deer
- 1 burglary, Sept. 11 on Maple Avenue in Bala Cynwyd
- 2 fires in Penn Valley: one Sept. 11 on the 700 block of Righters Mill Road and one Sept. 15 on the 500 block of Broad Acres Road
- 1 vehicle theft, Sept. 10 at River and Mill Creek roads in Penn Valley
- 3 car crashes with injuries
- 11 car crashes with property damage
- 2 citations for public drunkenness
- 5 thefts