Lower Merion police responded to 191 calls throughout Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills and Penn Valley the week ending Sunday, Sept. 9, down from 234 calls the week before, department records show.
A version of the department's most recent report—sorted by the type of incident, and with incidents from the rest of Lower Merion removed—is attached to this article.
The police calls (which do not necessarily indicate arrests were made or charges filed) include:
- 4 animal incidents, including two involving dog, one involving deer and one involving a raccoon
- 1 burglary attempted about 11:45 a.m. Sept. 9 on the 200 block of Cynwyd Road in Bala Cynwyd
- 2 car crashes with injuries: about 8:30 p.m. Sept. 3 on the 800 block of Mill Creek Road in Penn Valley, and about 6 p.m. Sept. 5 at City and Bryn Mawr avenues, when a pedestrian was reported struck.
- 7 car crashes with property damage
- 1 citation for public drunkenness
- 4 thefts, including a theft of over $200 from a car on the first block of Highland Avenue in Belmont Hills about 10 p.m. Sept. 5