On Monday afternoon, Lower Merion police reported to news media the following incidents from the past week in the Narberth-Bala Cynwyd area:
- Burglary: A homeowner on the 600 block of Conshohocken State Road in Penn Valley reported an attempted burglary sometime between April 1 and April 4, police said. The homeowner discovered pry marks on a garage door, but it does not appear anyone got into the home, police said.
- Public drunkenness: James Harrity, 18, was stopped at the on City Avenue in Bala Cynwyd at 10:59 p.m. April 4. Police said he had a fake New Jersey driver’s license and a fake ID card from Rhode Island. Harrity was charged with public drunkenness, underage drinking and carrying false ID, police said.
- Retail theft: A $995 pair of Gucci pants and a $635 Gucci shirt were stolen from on City Avenue in Bala Cynwyd sometime between 3 and 5 p.m. April 5, police said. An attendant observed a woman take items into the fitting room, but when the attendant went in and checked after the woman left, the clothes were missing, police said. The woman was unable to be located.
- Retail theft: Store security at observed a woman select two bracelets before she proceeded to the children’s department about 3:14 p.m. April 6. When the woman went to pay for some items, she covered the bracelets with the items she paid for, police said. The total value of the bracelets was $47. Dominique Walker, 24, from the 5400 block of Sharswood Street in Philadelphia, was charged with retail theft, police said.
- Theft of services: Two men took a cab from the Belmont Avenue to the on City Avenue about 12:44 a.m. April 7, police said. The men ran into the CVS and out another door, the taxi driver told police. The total loss was $34, police said.
- Theft: A $2,000 Dell computer was stolen from an unlocked car on the first block of E. Lodges Lane in Bala Cynwyd overnight between April 6 and April 7, police said. There were also a number of thefts from unlocked cars in the Wynnewood area in the past week.
- Burglary: A burglary on the 400 block of Gary Lane in Bala Cynwyd was discovered at 10:17 p.m. April 7, police said. A 42-inch television and $1,800 in jewelry were stolen, police said. It appears the burglar entered through a first-floor bathroom window and exited through the front door, police said, and there was extensive ransacking.
- Public drunkenness: Mikhail Orekhov, 44, of the 300 block of Baird Road in Merion Station was arrested on the 100 block of Righters Mill Road in Penn Valley about 11 p.m. April 7 and was charged with public drunkenness, police said.