Lower Merion police responded to 187 calls throughout Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills and Penn Valley the week ending Aug. 19, down from , department records show.
A version of the department's most recent report—sorted by the type of incident, and with incidents from the rest of Lower Merion removed—is attached to this article.
The police calls (which do not necessarily indicate arrests were made or charges filed) include:
- 5 animal incidents, including 4 involving dogs and one classified "all other"
- 1 burglary, the evening of Aug. 13 at Braeburn Lane and Broad Acres Road in Penn Valley
- 2 fires in Bala Cynwyd: one Aug. 14 on the 100 block of Bentley Avenue and an appliance fire Aug. 19 on the first block of Belmont Avenue
- 2 car accidents with injuries, including a pedestrian being struck Aug. 14 at City Avenue and Monument Road
- 7 car accidents with property damage
- 1 simple assault, Aug. 16 on the 300 block of North Narberth Avenue in Narberth
- 8 thefts, including 3 from retail stores and 2 of bicycles