Looking for something to do in the Greater Philadelphia area the weekend of Saturday, June 30 and Sunday, July 1? Use this guide as a primer.
- Where: 700 S. High St., West Chester
- When: 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
- What: Jazz acts will play for free all weekend in Hoopes Park, where there will be food and various vendors, too. There will also be a $30 concert by Peter White Friday night.
- Where: 1485 Valley Forge Road, Valley Forge
- When: Registration starts at 8 a.m. Saturday; run 9 a.m., walk 9:15 a.m.
- What: Runners and walkers raise money (entry fee is $30) to support building schools and poverty eradication in Africa. The event is held at the National Christian Conference Center.
- Where: Ridley Creek State Park, E. Bishop Hollow Road & Chapel Hill Road, Media
- When: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
- What: Colonial Pennsylvania Plantation will re-enact readings of the Declaration of Independence and Thomas Paine's "The Crisis", as well as burning an effigy of King George III. Other activities will include hearth cooking and textile demonstrations. Admission is $10; .