If you want a $40 ticket, here's how to get one:
- On the Narberth Business Association website through Friday evening
- At Sweet Mabel, 41 N. Narberth Ave., with cash or check through Friday evening
- At the event itself on Saturday, in Narberth Park
- Bryn Mawr Film Institute, at 824 W. Lancaster Ave., is showing the classic comedy "Beetlejuice" at 11 a.m. Saturday.
- Suburban Square in Ardmore is hosting a free fall fashion event from 6-9 p.m. Friday. More from organizers: "An iconic gown collection from the Gene London Collection will be on display, featuring gowns worn by Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face, Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief, Vivien Lee in Gone with the Wind, and Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, among others. Other activities include interactive retailer events such as trunk shows, makeovers, giveaways, and a wine and cheese sampling hosted by Di Bruno Brothers. Swing band La Vie en Rose will provide the music for the event with their American swing standards and French jazz."
- There will be a First Friday Main Line Happy Howl-o-Ween Poochified Extravaganza on Cricket Avenue in Ardmore. Costumed dogs will be judged beginning at 6:15 p.m.; show up between 5:30 and 6 p.m. Friday. There's no entry fee, but donations are welcome and benefit Main Line Animal Rescue and First Friday Main Line.
- Har Zion Temple at 1500 Hagys Ford Road in Penn Valley is hosting an Israeli Innovation Fair from 6-9:30 p.m. Sunday. Contact event co-chair Mark Cohen for more information at 215-519-8497 or firstname.lastname@example.org
More on Narberth Oktoberfest
From organizer Ed Ridgway:
This year we are offering a free souvenir beer mug to all advance ticket holders. The mug seems to be a hit, as we’ve already sold almost three times as many advance tickets as we did last year. It probably helps that the weather is going to be perfect for an outdoor party.
This year features The Tonebenders, with Narberth’s own Dan Gold, of Danny’s Guitars on bass, and the accordion player will roam during set breaks. Roast pork from the Italian market, roast turkey, bratwurst, knockwurst, vegetarian options, pretzels, and much more. Much of the food and beer is donated by local Narberth Business Association members and other local businesses.
The event runs from 5-9 p.m. Saturday. Find more information at the NBA website.