Since 2005, an eccentric little folk art and fine craft gallery called Sweet Mabel has infused downtown Narberth with creative spunk. A vibrant mosaic mural and funky outdoor decorations proclaim its presence along North Narberth Avenue. Within lies a lively and colorful collection of ever-changing, unique hand-made art by artists in the Philadelphia area.
On the first Friday of every month, Sweet Mabel spotlights the work of a local artist in an exhibit that extends throughout the entire month. In addition to retail, the boutique holds workshops for adults and kids–plus, birthday parties!–covering everything from mosaics to sculptures to found-object art, with an emphasis on recyclable materials. It was awarded the 2010 award for Best Artistic Jewelry by Main Line Suburban Life and Main Line Times. Check out its sweet blog.
- Hours: Tue - Sat, 11am - 6pm; Sun, Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Folk art, fine art, found-object art and crafts, adult classes, kids' and family workshops and open studio
- Services: Classes, Gift certificates, Gift wrapping
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Private events: Yes