Welsh Valley Middle School
The U.S. Department of Education has recognized Welsh Valley Middle School as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence. The 33-acre campus is nestled between Hagys Ford Road and Tower Lane in Bala Cynwyd and is a piece of a former 574-acre estate. The school opened as a junior high in 1958 but was converted to a middle school in 1978.
- Hours: 8:20am - 3:05pm; Sat - Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1958
- Number of students: 829
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 140; 111 instructional staff
- Grade levels: 6-8
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Six classroom buildings surrounding an open courtyard. State-of-the art performance theatre; library/media center; tech ed center; multi-purpose cafeteria; specialized learning support classrooms; two gymnasiums; track; four tennis courts; playing fields.