Crime Stats: 15 Car Accidents in a Week
Local calls to Lower Merion police increased from the week ending Aug. 26 to the week ending Sept. 2.
Lower Merion police responded to 234 calls throughout Narberth, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills and Penn Valley the week ending Sunday, Sept. 2, up from 216 calls the week before, department records show.
A version of the department's most recent report—sorted by the type of incident, and with incidents from the rest of Lower Merion removed—is attached to this article.
The police calls (which do not necessarily indicate arrests were made or charges filed) include:
- 4 animal incidents, including two involving dogs, one involving deer and one labeled "all other"
- 1 burglary by force, about 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 30 on the 100 block of Fairview Road in Penn Valley
- 1 fire, about 8:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 2, on the 400 block of Helen Circle in Penn Valley
- 1 car accident with injuries, about 12:40 p.m. Friday, Aug. 31, at Rock Hill Road and Belmont Avenue in Bala Cynwyd
- 14 car accidents with property damage
- 1 armed robbery, about 5:45 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 28, at 7-Eleven on City Avenue
- 4 thefts