- Narberth's annual Dickens Festival, which draws thousands of visitors to the borough each December, will run from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday.
- The Lower Merion School Board meets at 8 p.m. Monday to elect officers for the year ahead and to vote on administrators' salaries. The district's website has the full agenda.
- The second public hearing on Lower Merion Township's proposed 2013 municipal budget is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The proposal maintains the same property tax rate as 2012's budget. Also Wednesday night, the Narberth Borough Council meets at 8 p.m.
- Harriton senior Max Norris will compete Saturday in the Foot Locker national cross country championship race in San Diego. The boys race begins at 1 p.m. Eastern Standard Time; Norris was one of 40 boys in the country to qualify.
- The Belmont Hills Civic Association meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday at the Ashland Avenue community center.