.

Malfunctioning Motor Fills Bala Cynwyd Condos with Smoke

The Fairmont building evacuated Wednesday morning. No one was hurt.

Smoke spread through all seven floors of the Fairmont condiminium building in Bala Cynwyd Wednesday morning after an electrical problem, Deputy Fire Marshal James McCoy told Patch.

About 10 a.m., firefighters were summoned after a motor malfunctioned in a heating and ventilation unit on the roof.

The building evacuated, and residents returned to their homes a little before noon once the problem had been diagnosed and the smoke remediated.

No one was reported injured. McCoy said building management has called for a crew to repair the motor.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »